Sometimes around the end of 2011, I was struggling to promote my wig business. I had only a few customers patronizing me. I couldn’t even generate more revenue for my business. In fact, I thought of quitting my business until a friend introduced me to Digital Marketing. You might have heard of Digital Marketing but you don’t know how exactly to go about it. Relax and read to the end, I will be taking you on a tour of online marketing. Digital marketing is the process of advertising your products and services online using various digital channels. Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes the internet and online-based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones, and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services
internet marketing has become a vital component in many firms’ marketing strategies. It is one of the key factors to promote your business and also generate more revenue. Millions of companies and business owners are now going digital. Therefore, to stand a chance among top business owners like Aliko Dangote and others, online advertising is required. In the world today, the are thousands of Marketing agencies you can opt-in for to promote your business. However, you can also try out the google digital marketing, where you get to learn the basics and fundamentals of online marketing and how it works.
How do I Become a Digital Marketer
I started advertising, my wig business on the internet using my social media platforms. Within a couple of weeks, I was able to build trust and a good relationship with my female customers. I started getting orders from different customers. To say the truth, I even ran out of stocks, and most importantly I was able to generate more money. Interesting right now let’s go to the various types of digital marketing.
Types of Digital Marketing
There are various types of Digital marketing, you might not want to opt in for social media marketing like me. Don’t you worry, there are other Ways to promote your business online. Below are the types of Performance marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) : This type of online marketing involves getting your business a high rank on google search engine. Using this marketing strategy, you get to increase traffic to your business website. For you to use this marketing tool more effectively. You must understand Content indexing, God link structure and keywords targeting.
- Social Media Marketing: This involves using the various social media platform to advertise your products. You can use your Facebook, Instagram or twitter platform to drive more traffic to your business. This too is effective if your honest and also learn to build a good relationship with your online customers.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) : PPC simply means paid advertisement. This type of digital marketing allows you to paid for every user who click on your ads. It is also an effective way to promote and grow your business or organization.
- Content Marketing: this marketing method, is more effective if you try to provide values to your customers before promoting your bran. You should build a trusting and sustainable relationship with your online customers. Doing this will help you in reaching potential customers. You can share informative contents, Podcasts and stories before trying to promote your business.
- Mobile Marketing: using your smart phones, you can reach your targeted customers. You can do this through messages, email, calls and even social media.
Another type of Digital Marketing you can try out is the Paid Social Media Advertising. You can pay top celebrities, that have a lot of followers to promote your business. Some top organization even go ahead to make these celebrities their brand ambassadors.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
The important of taking your business digital cannot not be over emphasized. The benefits of Digital marketing are some many, hence you need to take your business digital. Meanwhile, here are some of the benefits of online marketing:
- It helps to promote your brand or firm
- Increase sales and generate more revenue
- You get to reach your target customers
- It requires low capital to start
- It helps to build your relationship with your customers
In conclusion, Digital marketing gives you a platform to compete with top business owners. You get to compete with them without even having to pay so much to do so. Digital marketing is very important for both local and top business owners.